If you ask yourself “what’s working” in terms of your organization, the answers should come pretty quickly. They are the actions and functions you are most proud of and feel the most accomplished by.
As you begin the process of evaluating where your organization stands now, in this moment, it is important to take a few moments to ask yourself the following questions:
- What does your organization do really well?
- What are you most proud of in terms of your organization’s programming?
- What are you most proud of in regards to the way your board operates?
- What is it that your board does really well?
- What are the one or two items you find yourself bragging about in regards to your organization?
- What do you feel most accomplished by?
These questions are important as we delve into the deep pool that is basic board development. It is an opportunity to reflect on why you are a board member, why you are proud to be a contributing factor in your organization and what sparks excitement and commitment in you.